Monday, May 18, 2015

Facebook Catch-up

May 16:
I got word back that the CT scan of Ava's lungs revealed perfectly healed lungs!! Also she is off of TPN and back on solids with only a few episodes of vomiting.

Gwen's skin has cleared up so much and my chest X-ray has revealed no pneumonia! So the reunion with Ava and Mike may happen as early as next week!!

Soaking in all this good news. Thank you so much for the prayers--really so many of ya'll got some powerful prayers!







May 18: 
Home and reunited at last!!! Be still my heart.
‪#‎leefamily‬





May 18:
Please pray for the Beazley's. Nadia and I met in the parent lounge of Lurie's when both girls were hospitalized last summer-Emily for her BMT (Bone Marrow Transplant) and Ava for a virus amidst her chemo treatments.

We stood there and talked about how to get around our daughters' impending infertility as TBI (Total Body Irradiation) strips them of the ability to produce life. We discussed the possibilities of freezing the girls' eggs or even freezing our own eggs to give to our girls one day. And I felt some comfort, some camaraderie, that this lady understood my grieving heart at how much cancer steals from us...so very much.

Emily has fought long and hard. She is one of the sweetest, most brave girls I know. Nadia is an incredible mom who has always been selfless in her love for her girls. And, here she is again, having to be selfless in the most excruciating way possible by asking God to relieve Emily of her pain by bringing her home.

This is crippling news. And something that no parent should ever have to go through. But, please, go through it with them by standing alongside in prayer.

Shared from Nadia's post:
"We are losing our Emily. She is still paralyzed. I thought today would be the day, but this little girl is a fighter and came back to tell me how much she loved me, that I am the best mom that she could have asked for, and that she is so happy that she chose me to be her mom. She is not in pain anymore, but is struggling to breathe. Please pray that God brings her home to him, so she can dance in fields of flowers. And run and play with her friends Becca, Albert, and Sarah. And be greeted by my dad and her Nonna. This is heart wrenching to watch. As selfish as I want to be, I won't. I need God to answer my prayers! 
This is a very personal time for us, I ask you please to respect our privacy. I have shared her for four years, i need this time for me. I am spending every second with my baby. It hurts so much to imagine that I will never have another hug or kiss from my girl. Or hear her say "mommy" the special way that she does. This hurts so damn bad."

No comments: