Thursday, September 17, 2015

#seattlebound

This post is so overdue and I apologize for not updating sooner but we have finally arrived in Seattle for our appointments with Seattle Cancer Care Alliance in regards to Ava's past two incidents. At the time, Ava's doctors in Chicago felt that her effusions were related to GVHD but since then Ava has been doing exceptionally well! So, it will be great to have the insight of our doctors in Seattle into what could be the possible causes. We hope and pray that she does not have chronic GVHD and is on her way to a full recovery!

The flight to Seattle was uneventful until the last 1.5 hours. That's when two kids decided to lose it. I won't publicly shame them but let's just say, I am not looking forward to the flight home. Maybe we will just have stay in this beautiful and temperate state. :)

We are settled in nicely and, once again, in awe of God's provisions. Our hosts have been generous and gracious to a point where I keep looking around wondering if someone's going to jump out and say, "Welcome to Make-a-Wish!" But, all joking aside, we have been in constant praise to God for his daily faithfulness to us.

It's hard to believe that almost a year ago when we arrived in Seattle we knew a handful of people which included my best friend from college and Mike's aunt, uncle, and cousin's family. This time around we have so many friends we want to visit that there is not enough time to do it all! How is it possible that during our hardest time we acquired the love and friendship of so many great people? The Sunday School answer, the best answer, the only answer is God.

Thank you for your prayers and your encouragement to us through emails, phone calls, snail mail, posts on FB, texts, and on and on. We also pray for you daily, asking God for his blessings to overflow in your lives and that you would experience how near He is to you!

#seattlebound

I'm not sure that this is safe. I'm not sure that I really care.

Waking up in the beautiful state of Washington.

Spending quality time with my girl, Gwen.

Going for a ride in Princess Beth's convertible!


Update from Facebook: September 16



It wasn't the easiest flight we've had. An Alaska airlines employee was waiting with a wheel chair for Ava and as we ran through the airport toward baggage, she turned to me and asked, "Are they all yours?"

"Yep, all mine!" I said in a tired voice as I glanced at our pitiful crew. I had one baby strapped to my chest with an unexplained rash spreading quickly around his mouth, a grumpy girl with disheveled hair, and one frail youngster quietly riding in the wheel chair.

Then she said to me, "You're so lucky."

Those three words melted away the current situation of cranky, hot mess. It stopped me dead in my tracks and opened my eyes up to how incredibly blessed I am for these moments I have with my little family. And I agreed out loud and, in the recesses of my heart, that yes. Yes, indeed, I am the luckiest.
#stopandgivethanks #beyondthankful
#arrivedatdestination


Message from Ava:
hello my frends i miss you guys love ava gwen and jude!

Message from Gwen:
dear chrchmebriwimisyu (Translation: Dear Church Members, I will miss you.)

No comments: